I love to cook, share ideas and talk about food, but most of all I love to explore how creating a healthier relationship with food through using our inner felt sense to guide our choices, can have a profound effect on all our choices, and be a healing path. These are the chronicles of my new culinary excursions, armed with a keen sense of curiosity, an experimental nature and an open heart, and the latest addition to my kitchen, the spectacular Thermomix "Bimby".

About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
A galactivating human

Monday, March 29, 2010

GON OUT. BISY BACKSON. BISY. BACKSON. C. R (aka L.M.)

In the immortal words of Christopher Robin above, I thought I should let you know that I have been rather BISY, but not to fret, I'll be BACKSON.

Although you may be forgiven for thinking that I've fallen into a hole in Greenland with no phone or electricity and disappeared, never to be found again. In the blogosphere, anything over a week between posts, is an age.

In my absence, I've been in Thermomix consultant training, snapping pics of my many Thermomix wonders like crazy, eating lots of scrummy things, trying to coax my video camera and laptop into talking to each other again after a rather hasty and uncalled-for disagreement(which they'd hidden from me til I confronted them), and spending rather a lot of time creating and managing this.

It's the brand spanking new Thermomix Melbourne facebook page. And it ROCKS!

In just over a week, we've had around 140 people join, some from as far away as the US, UK and France and.........Perth. It's been great to post my pics, recipes and links there and have discussions in real time with other Bimby devotees, so please check it out. It's been a complete labour of love but I know all the time spent has been worth it.

I created it for myself and my friends Jon and Adam, who I've been doing training with, so we could direct our facebook friends to it and promote ourselves for potential bookings, as well for any other Thermo consultants, owners, fans and anyone else who's curious about it to have a cool online meeting place. I love seeing how social networking sites can bring people from all over the world together, and foster all this digi-tribal gathering stuff. And I love empowering others just about more than anything else.

So for now, please check it out. I've got so many things to share here too. My head has been filled for days with all the posts I'm going to write. Thanks for all your interest. It means the world to me.

BACKSON.

I promise!



P.S. I'm a huge Nouar fan, whose gastro-kitcsh inspired art always gets me. That's his artwork above. It's fabulous, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort. .


    Electric Steamer Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Follow LizMillar on Twitter Creative Commons License
A Starseed's Bimby Kitchen Adventures by Liz Millar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.